Data Protection is about your fundamental right to privacy and your right to access and correct data about yourself.
The information below outlines our policy to help ensure that we comply with the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 that govern the collection,processing, retention, use and disclosure of information relating to individuals.
Data Protection & Privacy Principles
JA Broghies Ireland Limited shall perform its responsibilities under the Data Protection Acts in accordance with eight Data Protection principles. They are:
1. Obtain and process information fairly
2. Keep it only for specified, explicit and lawful purposes
3. Use and disclose data only in ways compatible with these purposes.
4. Keep data safe and secure
5. Keep data accurate, complete and up-to-date
6. Ensure that data is adequate, relevant and not excessive
7. Retain data for no longer than necessary for the purpose(s) for which it is acquired.
8. Give a copy of his/ her personal data to the relevant individual, on request
JA Broghies Ireland Limited requires all employees to comply with the Data Protection Policy. Failure to do so, e.g. unauthorised, inappropriate or excessive disclosure of or obtaining information about individuals, will be regarded as a breach of this policy and will be dealt with in accordance with JA Broghies Ireland Limited’s Disciplinary Policy. If an employee is in a position to deal with personal information about other employees, he or she will be given separate guidance on his or her obligations, and must ask if he or she is unsure.
We collect and use information to:
- Perform the functions of an ecommerce website
- Complete ecommerce transactions
- Deliver purchased items to customers
- To enhance or improve your experience on our website.
Web browser cookies
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
Changes to this policy
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
This policy was approved by the directors of JA Broghies Ireland Limited, June 2017.
Inquiries about this Data Protection Policy should be made to: Data Protection, Broghies Ireland, Kildare Business Park, Melitta Road, Kildare Town, Co. Kildare, Ireland